Cloud Computing falls into one of several fundamental models: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and software as a service (SaaS). Let’s talk SaaS; specifically Oracle Cloud Solutions.
Oracle Cloud Applications and Taleo have become the ‘applications of choice’ for many companies (small, mid-market, and large) and this trend is only increasing. If you are considering the move to Cloud Applications, it’s important to find out how other companies take advantage of Oracle Fusion (now referred to as “Cloud”) Applications to automate business processes and support better decision making.
Let’s take a closer look at the value that the Cloud provides:
- Deployment tends to be faster in Cloud vs On-Premise
- Configurable business process templates and setup wizards help to jump start for your migration to Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud Applications
- Data Migration gets your current and historical HR data into Oracle HCM Cloud Applications quickly
- Configurable layouts, reports and processes get the applications working in the way that best suits business users
- Integration with existing Oracle and PeopleSoft applications lets you seamlessly link new Oracle HCM Cloud Applications to coexist with your current HR systems
- Flexible integration platform for rapid integration with third-party applications and services
Cost and Time Savings Analysis:
When time is key to a project’s success, a SaaS deployment delivers value much faster than a comparable On-Premise deployment.
Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud Applications and Taleo are available on a subscription, pay-as-you-go, pricing model. With no hardware to buy, software to manage, or upgrades to conduct, you can drastically reduce the cost and time of the implementation.
Some other topics to consider:
- What are the benefits of this new application technology and what innovative business practices does it support?
- Does your current application have under-utilized functionality?
- Do you have IT constraints that impair the ability to add new capabilities?
- Is your infrastructure older or highly customized business applications in need of an upgrade?
What other factors should be considered in making the move to the Cloud? In my discussion with my colleague, Bhawan Mathur – Sr. Sales Manager, we went through several of these questions and found that while many of you have installed and are using Oracle Cloud applications, many are in the learning and evaluating phase. Share your thoughts and download our presentation from our session. We hope you find it informative and useful.